Job Number: 83914
Would you like to help shape the future of Stanford's School of Medicine as one of the most prestigious schools in the world? The Information Resources and Technology (IRT) (http://med.stanford.edu/irt) provides information technology and informatics services in support of the Stanford School of Medicine's clinical, research and educational missions. IRT's services include software development, web services, business intelligence, educational technology, data center, data security, IT support and clinical informatics.
The Infrastructure and Engineering Team is seeking an energetic self-starter who wants to make a contribution as a System Administrator, to drive and support initiatives in the Office of Information Resources & Technology (IRT). Stanford University is an employer of choice in the Silicon Valley, sitting next to, and interacting with the world's preeminent high tech companies. We offer a variety of benefits beyond traditional medical, dental, retirement, and savings options. This is a culture where you can make a difference working alongside some of the brightest and advanced thinkers in the world.
Join our Extended Operations team (ExO) and support researchers with a variety of computing needs. ExO is a subgroup of the Infrastructure & Engineering Team, whose core responsibilities are desktop support, provisioning, technology resource championing, A/V maintenance, and network maintenance. ExO provides researchers with contractually defined support for hardware and software that is not normally covered by the IT Support group. We administer Synology, QNAP, and Dell Isilon NAS devices, Windows servers, Linux workstations and servers, VMWare ESXi, and various workstations connected to scientific instruments. Contract responsibility can include designing the solution, setup, ongoing maintenance, ensuring compliance with University security requirements, user management, working with customers to provide backup solutions, and scripting to automate repetitive processes.
Our System Administrator is a full-time, continuing, benefits eligible position reporting to the Infrastructure and Engineering Manager. In this position you will be working under minimal guidance from a team lead, spending the majority of your time preforming system administration duties with the remaining time spent on documentation, research, scripting, and training.
Required Skills Include:
* - Other duties may also be assigned
This position currently works on the historic campus in Stanford, CA. This position may move to the new Stanford Redwood City campus in the future.
Applicants: please upload a resume and cover letter.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Experience with multiple types of operating systems or expert knowledge in one.
- Experience with managing an integrated computing environment.
- Extensive experience in multiple programming languages for system development.
- Experience with networked environments.
- Experience with network storage solutions.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining routers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security protocols.
- Ability to manage shared resources and perform moderately complex tasks.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member.
- Ability to train to others in applications and operating system fundamentals.
- Experience with middleware and infrastructure.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21>40 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Exposed to high voltage electricity, noise >80dB TWA, confined spaces, hot temperatures, heavy metals.
- Extended hours and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4832
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 83914
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency