Food Service Worker III- Banquet Server-Schwab Executive Dining
Food Service Worker III- Banquet Server-Schwab Executive Dining
Job Number: 83884
ABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY AND RESIDENTIAL & DINING ENTERPRISES:
Founded in 1891, Stanford University is among the top academic institutions in the country, excelling in a wide range of fields from the humanities to information technology to the health sciences and medicine. The university is located near Palo Alto, 35 miles south of San Francisco, on an 8,800-acre campus.
Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE), the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community. The Department has an annual operating budget of over $270 million, oversees a 5 million sq. ft. physical plant across the campus, and provides housing for over 13,000 students and dependents, serves over 18,000 daily meals at 30 dining and retail locations and over 300,000 meals at Athletic Concessions events, and hosts 20,000 conference guests annually. Additionally, R&DE comprises 735 FTE staff in the following divisions: the Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost, Student Housing, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration, Human Resources, Information Technology and Communications.
“Students (Customers) First” is the mantra of R&DE and our strategic goals reflect our commitment to delivering quality and excellence to our constituents every day. In R&DE,“Excellence is defined by aligning our strategic goals and performance with our vision.”
ABOUT STANFORD DINING:
R&DE Stanford Dining, a division of Residential & Dining Enterprises, serves over 12,000 meals per day. Its operations include 11 undergraduate dining halls, two late-night dining operations, Schwab, an athletic training table program, the Teaching Kitchen @ Stanford, Community BeWell Gardens, and summer conference dining. As the dining department of the world's premier research and teaching institution, R&DE Stanford Dining promotes food as a multidisciplinary educational experience and engages students in food issues such as those related to health, the environment, social equity and the global economy. R&DE Stanford Dining has been recognized for its culinary excellence by awards such as the prestigious industry Ivy Award by Restaurants and Institutions for its environmental leadership role, by numerous awards such as the Acterra Award for Sustainability, and most recently was named Most Vegan-Friendly College by peta2 for its vegan and vegetarian offerings, and certified as a Responsible Epicurean and Agricultural Leadership (REAL) restaurant by the United States Healthful Food Council for its use of nutrition and sustainability best practices. For more information, please visitwww.dining.stanford.edu.
I. Summary of Position
The Banquet Server is to provide excellent customer service and a fine dining experience, using established protocols of food and beverage etiquette and service standards cultivating positive customer service relations. The position is expected to adhere to customer service relations standards, work rules, departmental policies and procedures and performance standards. The Banquet Server is to provide an excellent customer service and fine dining experience, using established protocols of food and beverage etiquette and service standards, and to consistently offer professional, friendly and warm hospitality to all guests.
II. Essential Job Functions
- Provide an excellent dining experience for guests, using interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and anticipation of guest needs.
- Provide a fine dining food and beverage service, using established protocols of food and beverage etiquette and service standards.
- Ability to set-up and break down large function dinner services and elaborate themed dinner programs, complete with food and beverage settings and linen, both on and off-site.
- Assists customers with specific dietary restrictions, and answer questions regarding food ingredients.
- Complies with workplace safety, safe food handling and sanitation standards.
- Follows RDE work rules, policies, procedures, and core values.
- Polishes silverware, stemware and plate-ware as needed to ensure the table settings are impeccable.
- Works with food runners to ensure proper guest satisfaction.
- Crumbs table as necessary
- Follows Munger standard uniform policy and projects a professional image.
- Demonstrate respectful and professional behavior by maintaining a positive work environment and interactions with co-workers, management, customers and visitors.
- -Supports other Hospitality and Auxiliaries and Munger units as requested.
- -Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) year fine dining or catering experience within the last two (2) years.
- Must be willing to work a flexible and varied schedule as assigned.
- Has outstanding listening and communication skills with guests, peers and management.
- Understanding of Silver Service expectations and Principals
- Committed to providing excellent customer service to all customers.
- Able to plan ahead, prioritizing tasks and customer service needs.
- Proven track record of punctuality.
- A Banquet Server must be able to provide own uniform items of black slacks, black shoes with black socks. Uniform Shirts will be provided
- Demonstrates helpfulness, and respectfulness, is approachable and team oriented, builds strong working relationships, diplomatic, and a positive work environment, is responsible, honest, resolves conflicts appropriately, and is flexible.
-Follows work directions as assigned by supervisors and managers
- Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, excessive noises, and large commercial equipment. As an essential job function, worker is required to use cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
IV. English Proficiency Requirements: Must have the ability to understand and communicate in English with adequate proficiency to follow directions from supervisor, read and understand safety guidelines and directions to prevent accidents or injuries from occurring, and communicate effectively with customers (staff, visitors, students) by listening and speaking clearly to them.
V. Physical Requirements
Ability to stand for prolonged periods, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items. Physical agility critical to perform essential job functions. Lift up to 25 lbs pounds must have manual dexterity. Ability to work around hot equipment (stoves, grills, ovens). Working Conditions and Frequency of Occurrence:
- Extreme Temperature Changes (10%-30%)
- Walking (30%-60%)
- Standing (50%-80%)
- Sitting (10%-20%)
- Bending (10%-50%)
- Squatting (10%-20%)
- Hand and Finger Dexterity (10%-40%)
- Reaching (10%-50%)
- Climbing (10%-20%)
- Noise (90%-100%)
- Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling
- Up to 10 Pounds (30%-60%)
- Up to 25 Pounds (20%-50%)
- Up to 50 Pounds (10%-20%)
- Over 50 Pounds (5%-10%)
"Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job."
Job Code: 7287 Grade: A62 Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7287
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A62
- Requisition ID: 83884
Location: Residential & Dining Enterprises, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency