English Language Center (Continuous Recruitment)
Posting DetailsDepartmentInternational Programs - 33700Vacancy NumberWorking TitleEnglish Language Center (Continuous Recruitment)Job/Career Band TitleCompetency LevelJob CategoryAcademic Professionals/Non-teachingFLSA for PositionBrief Summary of Work for this Position
This position entails:
• Being present and prepared to teach class at the times designated in the teaching schedule
• Independently prepare and deliver interactive, student-centered lessons; assess and document student learning and progress
• Attending weekly or bi-weekly staff meetings
• Attending and participating in field trips and extra-curricular activities (the number of field trips will be equally divided among all instructors; must have a NC Driver license)
• Holding office hours and being available for student advising as the need arises
• Providing students and program coordinator with a syllabus for each course taught within the first week of the program
• Committing to delivering well thought-out lesson plans that meet the varied academic needs of the students and adhere to the Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) as required by the Commission on English Language Accreditation (CEA).
• Setting and accomplishing professional development goals on an on-going basis
• Submitting accurate attendance forms at the end of each term
• Completing and submitting student evaluations/grade reports at the end of each term
• Being available and present to facilitate orientation, placement, evaluation, and graduation procedures
a) A Master’s Degree in TESOL or related field. (If degree is not in TESOL, provide evidence of coursework in: language teaching methodology, introduction to linguistics, structure of English, second language acquisition, intercultural communication, and practicum experience).
b) 3+ years of teaching experience; Adult instruction/higher education preferred
c) Experience teaching or living abroad.
d) Knowledge of a foreign language recommended but not required.
Hiring takes place for programs that begin in January, June and August. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. When there is a vacancy, the hiring committee will review the applications that have been submitted within the last six months. Applications should be resubmitted every six months in order to be active.
Please note, this is a temporary position. The length of the assignment will be based on department need with the possibility of continuation. Employees in temporary positions are not considered permanent state employees and do not earn leave. Temporary employees are subject to the Affordable Care Act guidelines.
To receive full consideration, please be sure you have fully completed the entire application before you apply for this position. For more info/to apply visit http://jobs.uncw.edu Applications must be submitted through the online application system to be considered.Job Posting Date10/11/2018Job Closing DateEEO Statement
The University of North Carolina at Wilmington is committed to and will provide equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs.Number of OpeningsMulti-PositionsExternal Link to Postinghttp://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/8064Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 Professional References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).