Federal Work Study - One Stop Shop
Position Title:Federal Work Study - One Stop Shop Job Category:Student Department:Federal Work Study Program - 7510180 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
Enrollment Management’s One Stop Shop is responsible for providing quality customer service to clients who include applicants, students, parents, faculty and staff by providing level-one basic information regarding financial aid, registration, student records, admission data; transferring calls to appropriate person or department and directing customers to information on the college website.
- Greet clients in a professional and friendly manner
- Provide level-one information to customers which includes basic financial aid, registration, student records, and admission data
- Transfer calls to appropriate person and directing customers to information on the college website
- Support the daily functions of the One Stop Shop with document/data entry, filing, and photocopying
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management staff and running errands on campus as required
- Student is awarded on a per semester basis and the length of employment is determined by the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Must have a Federal Work-Study award and be in good academic standing.
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours and be able to handle confidential information.
- Must be professional with excellent customer service and communications skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, advanced computer skills and the use of a fax machine, copier and printer are a plus.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:No more than 19 hours per week. Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt