Federal Work Study - Housing
Position Title:Federal Work Study - Housing Job Category:Student Department:Federal Work Study Program - 7510180 Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The SHaRE (Student Housing and Residential Education) Office is looking for an outgoing and reliable student to help manage the front desk of our office. As a federal work study student assistant, the student in this position will be the first point of contact for visitors/future residents, our residents, and parents plus other GGC employees. This student needs to represent the mission of our office with a professional demeanor at all times.
- Perform reception duties.
- Conduct residence hall tours as required.
- Solve resident/parent issues via phone, email and in person.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The student holding this position reports to the Administrative Assistant of Residence Life.
- Must have a Federal Work Study award and be in good standing
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Able to handle confidential information
- Strong analytical and customer service skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to professionally interact with families and professional staff members
- Applicant must demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Customer service skills that include the ability to interact with prospective residents and parents on the telephone in a polite and conversational manner
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:No more than 19 hours per week. Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt