Assistant Director of Admissions, Poole College of Management, Jenkins MBA Program
Posting DetailsPosting Information Vacancy TypeEHRA Non-FacultyIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleAssistant Director of Admissions, Poole College of Management, Jenkins MBA ProgramSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with education and experiencePosition Number00107672Work ScheduleMonday-Friday (Some evening and weekend work)Full Time Equivalent (FTE)1.0Department200201 - MBA ProgramDepartmentMBA ProgramJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The Poole College of Management (PCOM) offers the Master of Business Administration, the Master of Accounting, and the Global Luxury Management program, along with masters and Ph.D. degrees in economics. At the undergraduate level, the college offers degrees in accounting, business administration, and economics.
The high-value, top-ranked NC State Jenkins MBA Program delivers hands-on learning that anticipates the demands of today’s global marketplace, teaming up with industry leaders to immerse students in real-world projects that combine nimble thinking with innovative solutions. NC State offers the MBA full-time, part-time (evening) and online; there are currently just over 700 enrolled students. Evening classes are offered in Nelson Hall on NC State’s campus as well as in a classroom facility in Research Triangle Park.Essential Job Duties
The Assistant Director of Admissions, PCOM, Jenkins MBA Program works collaboratively with the admissions team to recruit and support prospective students for the Jenkins MBA Program. This individual partners with the admissions team in all aspects of the admissions process to market and represent the university in an effort to recruit students to the Evening and Online Jenkins MBA programs.
This position will help develop and drive strategic outreach, evaluation, and yield-related activities for the working professional platforms and reports directly to the Associate Director of Admissions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Partner with the admissions team to design, develop, and implement strategies to attract, select, and yield the highest quality MBA candidates for the Evening and Online platforms.
Plans, organizes and drives events and activities to attract and yield prospective students; out of state travel may be required, as well as evening and weekend work.
Provides proactive, personalized one-on-one contact with prospective students via in-person interactions, as well as via phone, virtual, and email correspondence to respond to program inquiries and provide support throughout the application process. Primary group served: Evening and Online Jenkins MBA candidates. Will split office time between the main campus and RTP campus.
Participates in all aspects of the selection process for the various Jenkins MBA programs to include interviewing candidates, evaluating applications, and making admission decisions on behalf of the MBA program at NC State University.
Collaborates with the MBA marketing team to design and execute various marketing, social media, and communications campaigns to include monitoring results and modifying strategy as needed.
Oversees and develops the admissions ambassadors program (current students and alumni) to include recruiting, on-boarding, and managing the overall program.Other Work/Responsibilities
Assists with other projects, administrative duties, and initiatives as assigned.Minimum Education/Experience
Require post-baccalaureate credentials or a bachelor’s degree plus alternative or equivalent professional training and experience may be substituted for the advanced degree on an exceptional basis.Departmental Required Skills
- Commitment to delivering high-touch and personalized customer service
- Must be quality-driven and have a results-focused approach to work
- Committed to a collaborative, team-based approach to work while also having the ability to work independently.
- Confident, energetic and professional when presenting in front of large groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills; ability to balance competing priorities with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability with program and event management
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed; flexibility in schedule also required for managing peak periods throughout the year
- Proven record in meeting established enrollment targets
- Master’s degree
- At least two years graduate recruiting experience; MBA preferred
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- Experience with admissions software.
- Analytical skills and strength in utilizing MS Office.
N/ASpecial InstructionsJob Open Date07/11/2019Anticipated Closing DateIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date07/29/2019AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you selected "Other" for the previous question, please provide the source you learned about this opportunity from.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References