Lead Cashier/Dining Room Supervisor (Oval)
Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy TypeTemporaryIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleLead Cashier/Dining Room Supervisor (Oval)Salary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$13.00 per hourPosition Number47OVALLEAD0519Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 9:00AM-3:30PM with some weekend shiftsFull Time Equivalent (FTE)Department471501 - Dining and Catering OperationsDepartment NC State DiningJob City & StateRaleighEssential Job Duties
JOIN THE PACK!
NC State Dining offers opportunities for employment across our retail and hospitality units. We offer competitive pay, flexible schedules, and opportunity for learning, growth, and promotion. Dedicated and experienced dining professionals are available to provide on-the-job training and support to help you meet your full potential.
We are seeking individuals to Join our Pack as a Lead Cashier/Dining Room Supervisor.
Essential Job Duties Include:
• Train and supervise cashier and dining room attendants.
• Keep dining room stocked and cleaned.
• Operate micros system (touch screen cash register) and accurately process transactions through the POS by following NC State Dining cash handling procedures.
• Ensure cashiers are performing with accuracy and great customer service.
• Assist management with office duties as needed.
• Aid in other areas of the unit as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned to ensure NC State Dining business needs are met. Position may be asked to assist in other locations as necessary.
There is a State of NC mandatory 32-day break at the end of 11 months. Exceptional work performance and professional conduct throughout your employment may provide an opportunity to renew employment and/or advancement potential.
NC State Dining provides campus-wide food service to students, staff, and faculty and the corporate partners on Centennial Campus. NC State Dining is a department within the Campus Enterprises Division, which is NC State’s Division for Retail and Hospitality Services — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Trademark Licensing, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), Rave! Event Services and the Wolfpack One Card Services. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.Other Work/Responsibilities
• Be an ambassador for NC State Dining and the university as a whole and enrich the quality of life for the campus community and support student success.
• Work as a cohesive team member and play an integral part in creating a positive work environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalency. Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work will also be considered.
• At least 1 year of experience in a similar capacity.
• Must be able to operate a cash register and make change.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, and peers.
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
• Provide outstanding customer service, including the ability to remain professional and respectful under pressure when dealing with difficult situations.
• Excellence in completing all tasks.
• Requires bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operations and working in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lb with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Cashier and money handling experience.
• At least six months of restaurant/host experience.
• Serv Safe certification a plusSpecial Instructions
Include all work history in the Employment History section of the application.
**Important**If you are required to be registered by the Selective Service, please certify your compliance by your initials. If this question is not applicable to you, please type “N/A” along with your initials.Job Open Date05/07/2019Must Be Open Until
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.09/30/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire DateAA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your supervisory experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your previous retail and/or cash handling experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter