Director, Career Services
Position DetailsPosition Details Job TitleDIR CAREER DEV & PLACEMENTPosition Number8101075Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusExemptCampusRogers Park-Lake Shore CampusDepartment NameCAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTERLocation CodeCAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER (02045A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? NoDuties and Responsibilities
- Supervises five Associate Directors, Fellowships Office Coordinator, and administrative support staff.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the Career Services to ensure student-focused service.
- Provides leadership and articulates the vision and mission for Career Services. Fosters a positive team dynamic among staff in the unit, focused on student success.
- Collaborates with colleagues to strengthen services to professional schools and departments within the College and Schools; collects and disseminates placement data; utilizes technology as a professional differentiator; and expands partnerships with alumni and employers.
- Responsible for fiscal planning and oversight of the annual operating budget.
- Develops and implements annual strategic plans, policies, procedures and protocols.
- Represents the Career Services on University committees relevant to employment, academic support services and initiatives.
- Expands post-graduation opportunities for students through partnering with potential employers, service organizations and graduate schools.
- Chairs a Career Advisory Board with membership from all Loyola departments that serve undergraduates, graduates, and/or alumni in career planning and placement.
- Assists in the development of university-wide policies, procedures, systems, and tools that support successful
preparation for employment and transition into post-graduation experiences. Participates in all phases from idea generation to implementation, evaluation and result reporting.
- Publishes an annual report with outcomes data on post-graduation placements.
- Performs related duties as required.
Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or at least seven years related experience and/or training.Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively with students in a holistic manner with an enthusiasm for providing student-centered services in the Ignatian tradition.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with employers, faculty, staff, students and parents.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to hire, train, evaluate and supervise a professional staff.
- Experience developing and implementing student programming at the post-secondary level.
- A commitment to academic excellence, social justice and service, values-based leadership, global awareness and diversity.
- Ability to embrace, promote and articulate the University’s Jesuit Catholic identity.
Experience using Handshake Software preferred.Computer Skills
Experience with career services, applications, information technologies and databases.
Microsoft Office 365Supervisory ResponsibilitiesYesRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? NoPhysical DemandsStandingWorking ConditionsIrregular HoursOpen Date07/12/2019Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/11593Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree (or equivalent) and/or at least seven years related experience and/or training?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application