Program Director, Academic & Student Services
Job Title: Program Director, Academic & Student Services
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 45835
Department This position is located in the Oglesby Union.Equal Employment Opportunity Florida State University is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdfResponsibilities - Provide leadership and direction for the Student Organizations and Involvement area. Provide oversight in the training and support for all recognized student organizations and advisers. Provide supervision and development of students and staff. Provide oversight of all programs and activities. Provide financial management of area.
- Provide leadership and supervision to full-time professional staff and graduate students: Student Organizations, Traditions and university-wide philanthropy initiatives. This position leads and provides support for major university-wide programs including but not limited to: Homecoming, Dance Marathon, Market Wednesday, The Big Event, Welcome Week, the First 51 Days and Senior Send-Off. Collaborate and partner with campus colleagues to provide comprehensive social, cultural and educational programs for recognized student organizations.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the development of budgets for the Student Organizations and Involvement team. Work directly with the Director of Student Engagement to create revenue goals and programming priorities. Provide leadership and guidance in the development of policies and guidelines for Recognized Student Organizations i.e. RSO Handbook, RSO Adviser Handbook.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and training staff and graduate student(s). Creating professional development opportunities for staff and students. Participate in professional associations and conference related to the position striving for continuous improvement and learning.
- Oversee and support the day-to-day operation of the Office of Student Organizations and Involvement. Provide advising, coaching and mentoring along with the staff to support the over 700 Recognized Student Organizations. Participate and engage in RSO (Recognized Student Organization) programs and activities including the weekly tradition of Market Wednesday.
- Assist with special projects designed to enhance the mission of student engagement as directed by the Director of Student Engagement and the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs.Qualifications Bachelor's degree and six years of experience related to the duties of this position; or a high school diploma/equivalency and ten years of experience related to the duties of this position.
(Note: or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to ten years.)
Experience to strategically plan and serve as a catalyst for organizational change, cultivate a shared vision with others, and motivate others to transfer vision into action.
Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or equivalent software.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of student program planning, development, and evaluation.
Knowledge of student programs and activities.
Ability to evaluate process effectiveness and develop change or alternatives.
Skill in preparing clear and concise reports, policies, procedures, correspondences, and other written materials.
Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of project planning, development, and evaluation.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and utilize conflict resolution skills.
A valid Florida or Georgia drivers’ license or the ability to obtain upon hire.Preferred Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply related University policies, procedures, principles, and practices.Other Information The review process will start on 08/02/19.Pay Plan This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.Soft Money Funded Position This is a soft money funded position, with renewal based on available funds and the needs of the University.Criminal Background Check This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.Open until filled This position is being advertised as open until filled.Tobacco Free Campus Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.