After School Program Staff (Temporary Employee Pool)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAfter School Program Staff (Temporary Employee Pool)Union LevelDepartmentJacoby CenterCampusStocktonPosting Number201301756PFull or Part TimePart TimeNumber of Months10Work Schedule
This is a temporary casual position. Work is performed during after school program hours. This is normally Mondays-to-Fridays, however some Saturdays may be included. The work days assigned will align with the academic school calendar.Position End DateOpen Date07/11/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
This recruitment is to establish a pool of qualified candidates, from which multiple short term, temporary appointments may be made.
Your application will be active for up to 12 months within the temporary pool. (Note: If a job specific posting is created and you are interested in that specific position, please reapply directly to the posted position. Your previous temporary pool application will not automatically transfer to the new job opening.)
Submission of materials does not guarantee consideration for future employment in openings of this type, since availability can be unpredictable and consideration competitive.Position Summary Information Primary Purpose
The University of the Pacific, Harold S. Jacoby Center partnered with Stockton Unified School District to provide after school program services to elementary students enrolled in STEP-Up programs. Primary duties include ensuring the safety of all students enrolled in STEP-Up program along with planning and executing academic, enrichment and physical fitness activities for all students enrolled.Essential Functions
1. Actively guide, teach and lead a group of 15-20 elementary students.
2. Maintain and ensure a safe environment for all after school program students.
3. Plan, create, implement and submit weekly schedules.
4. Establish and enforce rules, routines and expectations with group of students.
5. Maintain a safe learning environment by addressing behavior issues as they arise.
6. Communicate effectively.
7. Adhere to dress code and policy procedures.
8. Reviews and submits timesheets in accordance with the due dates.Minimum Qualifications
•High School Diploma or GED.
•48 completed college units or Paraprofessional Certificate.
•Available during program hours.
•Ability to work with others.
•Ability to work independent.Preferred Qualifications
•One (1) year or more experience working with children.
•Familiarity in working in tutoring or after school program/environment.Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require constant walking, standing, bending and simple grasping. Occasional climbing chairs, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. May be required to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
This is a temporary casual position. Work is performed during after school program hours. This is normally Mondays-to-Fridays, however some Saturdays may be included. The work days assigned will align with the academic school calendar.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
- * Have you completed 48 college units or a Paraprofessional Certificate?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document