OIT Service Desk Program Manager
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado at Denver | CU Anschutz Medical CampusOffice of Information Technology OIT Service Desk Program Manager Position #749787 – Requisition 16736 * Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology The Office of Information Technology is seeking applications for a full-time, (non-classified) university staff OIT Service Desk Program Manager opening.
The OIT Service Desk Program Manager is a member of the Technology Support Services Division within the Office of Information Technology (OIT) for CU Denver and the University of Colorado Denver and Anschutz Medical Campuses. The Program Manager’s responsibilities include responding to Tier 1 incidents and tickets received via the OIT Service (Helpdesk and Desktop Support) Desk, working with the university’s monitoring and alerting systems, and communications teams. Other responsibilities include supervision of the Service Desk Staff, oversight of daily operations to provide access to all OIT services to our campus constituents, resolution of technical issues that require escalated support for customers, being a point of contact after-hours in support of the Service Desk Manager, completion of performance plans and evaluations about half of the Service Desk, coordination and facilitation of training opportunities, development and documentation of processes for service request fulfilment; and assistance with OIT long term projects and initiatives. This position requires some occasional weekend and evening assignments as well as availability during off-hours for participation in both scheduled and unscheduled activities. Examples of Work Performed:
- Assists to ensure customer service is timely and effective on a daily basis. Oversees the management and fulfilment of the requests, incidents and problems. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Acts as escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develops support using a phone/ticket system (Cherwell, Prime Source) escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. In the absence of the Service Desk Manager, determines the root cause of issues and communicates appropriately to internal and external customers. Works to ensure ITSM (IT Service Management) processes are followed.
- Assists with training and support of service desk representatives and technicians. Acts as a mentor for Service Desk Specialists (including career development). Oversee staff activities. As needed, schedules employees and student workers work times and provides backup support. Interacts with internal and external customers. Assist with the management of the help desk team, prepares performance plans, and completes annual performance evaluations of the service desk team assigned to them. Service Desk Program Managers must be able to delegate tasks to their technicians and motivate them to complete said tasks.
- Assists the Service Desk Manager to identify specific customer service standards for the service desk team. Contributes to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints. Assists the establishment of best practices through the entire technical support process. Provides data and reporting of key performance indicators and trends to IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed. Helps to drive Ticket Deep Dives and develop strategies for improvement. Works to make the Service Desk the single source of truth and service delivery channel for IT. Monitors and manages phone queue (participating in escalated calls as needed) for purposes of training and support mitigation.
- Follows up with customers to identify areas of improvement. Oversees solutions repository and ensures top quality solutions are available to the staff through knowledge database. Assists with the development of an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization. Advises management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Assists with managing the process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization. Initiates notices of outages as dictated by the Incident Management Communications process. Reviews survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience. Keeps confidential all applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary information.
- Participates in OIT department-wide projects (planning, implementation, support) such as IT Service Management, Authentication (VPN/VDI/Microsoft), implementation of Slate, CU Anschutz domain change, and Enterprise Collaboration tools.
- This is working manager position that may require that this individual provide Service Desk or Desktop Support services directly in times of high volume or limited staff. This requires a complete working knowledge of the OIT Service processes and technical expertise to respond to constituents (faculty, staff and students) in a timely and accurate manner.
The salary for this position has been established at $ 70,552.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
* Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
* Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspxThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- BSdegree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field.
- Twoor more years of progressive experience in information technology
- Aminimum of two years’ experience working in Higher Education
- 1-2years of management experience
- CallCenter or Helpdesk lead worker experience
- Prefer candidates to have their Security+certification from CompTIA.
- Microsoft certifications are also preferred.
Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campusand Anschutz Medical Campus) PLEASE NOTE:Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interviewprocess and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Jul 8, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing