Coordinator of "Teacher to Teacher," Furman University's Extended Program of Teacher Certification
Job location: Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-15
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
- You cannot save your progress for later once the process has started!
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
[email protected] or by calling 864-294-2217.Job Title:Coordinator of "Teacher to Teacher," Furman University's Extended Program of Teacher CertificationJob Family:ProfessionalsFull-Time/Part-Time:Full timeCompensation Grade:MPPay Type:SalaryDepartment:EducationJob Summary:Coordinates school-based experiences for senior and induction year teacher candidates enrolled in the program of teacher certification. Performs administrative and teaching responsibilities related to placement of candidates in school settings, meeting with school district personnel, and supervising students enrolled in practica and student teaching internships. Has teaching responsibilities in connection with three undergraduate/graduate courses during the academic year.Job Description:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a liaison to school partnerships between Furman University and school districts participating in the Teacher to Teacher program.
- Provides leadership for BLOCK [seniors] and TEAM [internship] committees which oversee the operations of the extended program.
- Gathers, maintains, and provides minutes for all committee meetings.
- Follows Furman protocols for reviewing, following and completing Event Reports involving Teacher to Teacher candidates. These are shared with the Education Analyst.
- Develops and maintains lines of communication with district personnel, school administrators and other school personnel.
- Seeks placements for seniors in the practicum and work with candidates in the internship to either find induction or fall-only placements,
- Works closely with cooperating teachers, district mentors, and university supervisors to make sure they follow expectations and protocols of the Teacher to Teacher programs. Collaborates, supports, and encourages each group.
- Teaches one section a year of EDU-470: Practicum; EDEP-640: Best Practices for Induction Teachers; and EDEP-670: Student Teaching Internship.
- Weekly contact with members of own work unit and immediate supervisor to exchange factual information and explain rules, regulations, and practices.
- Frequent contact with faculty, public school teachers, mentors, and school administrators to exchange factual information and explanation of rules, regulations, practices or functions.
Responsibility for Final Decisions:
- Responsible for own work. May assist or instruct others doing similar work, including student workers.
- Tasks involve multiple procedures with interrelated processes or steps. Work involves choosing the appropriate option or procedure to follow and applying established rules and procedures.
- Chair, Education Department
- Work is performed independently on routine issues/tasks; non-routine issues or questions are referred to, or discussed with, the supervisor.
- Master's or advanced degree preferred in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, or related areas.
- At least five years of successful teaching experience in public schools and successful completion of the South Carolina Teaching Standards 4.0 rubric qualifying exam.
- Experience designing, coaching, and providing professional development for teachers.
- Effective teaching in a university setting.
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills.
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest featuring relevant experience given the position’s responsibilities.
Work is performed under usual office conditions and in off-campus sites.Education Requirements:Certification Requirements:Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):