2019-2020 Student Worker, Accessibility Services Assistant
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-07-09
Job Description SummaryTo provide assistance to the OAS staff.Job Description
This position is housed in the Office of Accessibility Services (OAS). Office Assistant will have a multi-functional purpose, with responsibilities including, but not limited to, converting digital textbooks into other formats, scanning and uploading files to the OAS database, and acting as a point of contact for students who visit the office.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Microsoft Word
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a small team
- Must be enthusiastic about working with diverse students
- Excellent typing and grammar skills
- Experience providing academic support to students with disabilities
- Experience with file conversions
- Experience creating and editing videos
- Familiarity with adaptive technology products
- Familiarity with the text-to-speech program Kurzweil 3000
- Must be able to use a laptop
- Must be able to operate a copy machine
- Approval for Federal Work Study is required
Shifts must occur during the OAS’s regular office hours (8am-5pm, Monday-Friday) and must not exceed 20 hours a week.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Candidates for interviews will be notified by e-mail to meet with the OAS staff. This interview may take place via phone or in-person.