Student Worker, Legal Affairs Office
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-07-09
Job Description SummaryThis is a student worker position that provides administrative support in the daily operations in the Legal Affairs office for the 2019-2020 Academic Year. Candidate must be knowledgeable with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Must be available to work for the duration of the academic year.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Assist with the day to day tasks
- Sort mail
- Answer the phone
- File, scan, and draft documents including contracts
- Assist with keeping the office organized
- Assist with projects
- Ensure that confidentiality of all information is maintained
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Microsoft office-Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Knowledge of copier/scanner
- Knowledge of postage system
- Excellent oral, written and analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Demonstrated the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be able to climb up and down stairs.
- Must be able to pass Saint Leo golf cart training within 1 week of hire
- Must be able to walk around the campus without issue.
- Must be enrolled at Saint Leo University
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.