Associate Director, Marketing and Communication
The Office of Graduate Education strives to provide exceptional leadership and service while advocating for excellence and integrity in all graduate programs at the University of Denver. Dedicated to quality, innovation, engagement, integrity, and inclusion, the OGE maintains the highest standards in enrollment management and student, focused on providing an excellent experience from inquiry to alumni association.
Under the direction of the Senior Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Education, OGE partners with deans, academic units, GSG and University governance on recruitment and retention, fellowships and financial aid, academic assessment, and program review to continually improve the quality of graduate education at DU.
In consultation with the Provost and Graduate Council, OGE is responsible for the authorship and oversight of graduate policy, upholding standards with fairness and respect to all. In all that we do, the OGS supports the University's commitment to creating a diverse, ethical, and intellectually vibrant campus community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret data and present information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Effective technological abilities, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, common databases and CRM systems.
- Ability to anticipate problems and use good judgment in developing solutions.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships, collaborate effectively with others, and establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- An eye for design and the ability to think creatively.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple assignments concurrently while maintaining professionalism, attention to detail, and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse populations, displaying high cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional intelligence.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of experience in marketing & communications
- Experience working with a CRM system
- Experience with updating web content and maintenance
- Master's degree or specialized certificate in marketing related field
- 5 years of marketing and / or communications experience
- Experience in higher education marketing and admissions
- Proficiency with CRM Systems, Slate and BPM
- Project management & training experience
- Event planning and/or event promotion experience
- Drupal for Web Content Management experience
- Experience with training others end users
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., extended hours occasionally required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on July 26, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through www.jobs.du.eduto be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for three references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.