Admissions Counselor - Temporary
Posting DateJuly 10, 2019 Position TitleAdmissions Counselor - Temporary Vacancy #TEMP-071019 Department Student Development and Campus Life ProgramUndergraduate Admissions Division Student Development and Campus Life Job Description
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions, the Admissions Counselor will recruit first-year students to the University. They will participate in all aspects of recruitment, admission and enrollment and are responsible for the admission and enrollment of the freshman class. This is a temporary, hourly, benefits exempt position from August 1 - October 31.
• Attends high school visits and college fairs in Middlesex, Monmouth, Somerset and Mercer counties.
• Delivers interactive presentations to diverse audiences at high school visits, campus tours, and Open House programs.
• Regularly meets with "Walk-In" visitors to the Undergraduate Admissions office.
• Advises prospective students, families and school counselors on application and enrollment processes, scholarships, academic offerings and co-curricular opportunities.
• Regularly communicates with interested parties via a variety of communication channels, including phone and e-mail.
• Assists with the execution of Undergraduate Admissions events, including but not limited to Open House, Accepted Student Day, Scholar Dinner, Counselor Workshop, and the Hispanic Student College Institute.
• Utilizes Slate to manage territory, analyze data, review and decision applications, and execute recruitment campaigns.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Strong interpersonal communication and public speaking skills
• Must have schedule flexibility and be available for evening and weekend programming
• A valid driver's license and full-time access to reliable transportation
• Candidates must have the ability to work both independently
• Must be able to load and transport admissions materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Experience with Slate and/or Banner
Commensurate With ExperienceAnticipated Start DateAugust 1, 2019 Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*