RNBSN Nursing: Onsite Adjunct Faculty Instructor - Columbus/Mansfield, Ohio
RNBSN Onsite Adjunct Faculty Instructor - Columbus/Mansfield OH
(Adjunct must live within 60 miles of above locations)
Adjunct faculty for the Post-licensure Division of Nursing (RNBSN) will be responsible to teach onsite adult students the curriculum established by the faculty in our facilitator model of instruction as opportunities become available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrate content expertise in subject area
2. Facilitate engaging individual and group instructional activities
3. Respond to student questions and concerns within 24-48 hours
4. Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process and assist them in achieving course objectives and learning outcomes
5. Apply sufficient, consistent rigor in grading student assignments, giving substantive feedback and critical evaluation within one week of the due date for the assignment
6. Be able to utilize an on-line learning management system for grading and to obtain instructional materials for classroom instruction
7. Advise students in matters related to academics, and behaviors
8. Engage in evaluation of the course and of own teaching performance.
9. Fulfill two faculty development sessions per year
Required/Preferred experience or skills
1. Master's degree in nursing required (MSN) with appropriate RN license
2. Teaching experience preferred
3. Presentations, publications and additional graduate degrees are valued
We are seeking applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to building and cultivating diversity through leadership,
teaching and/or service.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color,national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer