Senior Staff Associate for EOC Operations
The State University of New York (SUNY), the nation’s largest and most comprehensive system of public higher education, invites applications for the position of Senior Staff Associate for EOC Operations in the office of the University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD) in Albany, New York. The mission of UCAWD is to promote the social and economic well-being of the academically and economically underserved residents of the State of New York by developing and maintaining quality education and workforce training programs and services through our Educational Opportunity Centers (EOCs) and Advanced Technology Training And Information Networking (ATTAIN) labs.
Working as part of a professional team, the Senior Staff Associate for EOC Operations is responsible for examining policies that relate to EOC operations; monitoring field operations; analyzing reports; reviewing proposals; recommending comprehensive program strategies; and researching public and private funding for extending academic and vocational program offerings.
Reporting to the Director of Programs and Services, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining regular contact with host campus personnel, including directors and campus Presidents, to provide oversight of EOCs.
- Taking the lead on the review of sensitive and confidential program concerns with EOC Directors and/or sponsoring campus liaison.
- Understanding internal policies and EOC Guidelines and/or State University of New York rules and regulations and providing information to the field.
- Taking the lead on developing system orientation materials.
- Reviewing and evaluating new and existing program plans and Operational Plans utilizing labor trend analysis, EOC Guidelines, Memorandum of Understanding and/or Contract.
- Taking the lead on monitoring program effectiveness based on-site reviews/visits; data from the Management Systems and seminal reports such as Final Reports, Financial Plans, Continuous Improvement Plans, Monthly Expenditure Reports and ATTAIN Implementation Plans; interviews and compliance with EOC Guidelines, Memorandum of Understanding and/or Contract.
- Reviewing and evaluating fiscal reporting from EOCs to UCAWD.
- Assisting with the development of an annual program report and public relations materials/publications.
- Developing plans for EOC Operation meetings, conferences or professional development opportunities.
- Assisting in the development of long and short term goals for EOC Operations which are consistent with SUNY’s goals and objectives.
- Effectively communicating the objectives, goals, purpose and achievements of EOCs, ATTAIN and UCAWD.
- Developing external relationships and strategic partnerships that support the objectives and goals of EOCs and UCAWD.
- Assisting in the development of standardized policies and procedures consistent with SUNY System Administration’s policies and procedures.
- Leading program review with regard to leases, contracts and Memorandum of Understanding documents.
Required Qualifications: Master’s degree in higher education, counseling, administration or related area and minimum of five years professional experience with increasing responsibility in an educational or business setting. Superior verbal and written communication. Excellent presentation skills. Ability to function without extensive task-by-task supervision. Statewide travel required.
Proficiency in utilizing current technologies, social media and computer business applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
Preferred Qualifications: Expertise evaluating education programs. Project management, grant writing and public relations experience. Knowledge of curriculum development, assessment and evaluation. Experience managing and/or assessing expenditure reporting. Experience working on personnel matters.
Experience working directly with adult programs that serve diverse populations and underserved students.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent fringe benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online at www.suny.edu/SUPEmployment. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]