Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-12
Saybrook University is currently seeking a HR Generalist to join the Human Resources department. This role is located in Pasadena, CA.
Reporting to the Director of Business Operations, the HR Generalist will support and partner with campus leadership, employees and the system office to provide high quality support and advice on all HR - related matters.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Educate, coach and counsel employees of the organization on job performance, employee development, and policies and procedures.
- Experience with utilizing change management in successfully promoting continuous improvement through positive, cross-functional and team-oriented actions.
- Lead HR technology projects focused on utilizing Workday to eliminate or streamline manual processes.
- Provide full-cycle recruitment support for faculty and staff opportunities including posting jobs, sourcing, prescreening resumes, scheduling of interviews, extending offers, and running background checks.
- Coordinate orientation for new hires and help to integrate employees into campus culture.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees leaving the organization to assess overall success of employment relationship and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in the development of human resources policies in order to satisfy legal requirements in the state of California.
- Assist management in required personnel functions such as disciplinary procedures and appropriate corresponding paperwork/documentation.
- Facilitate and communicate faculty contracts and terms.
- Update and maintain employee and faculty handbooks on an annual basis supporting legal and executive team decisions.
- Communicate with employees in resolving conflicts and acting as a mediator in facilitating resolution.
- Manage day-to-day benefit questions, FMLA and leave of absence requests, as well as responding to accommodation requests.
- Identify and communicate ideas for on-going employee and supervisory training based on employee feedback.
- Maintain confidential employment data, health records, and electronic data utilizing HRIS database.
- Work closely with payroll to ensure accurate processing of employee information.
- Coordinate and assist with company-sponsored functions.
- Facilitate various trainings as it relates to HR policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws
- Conceptual thinker with solid knowledge of Human Resource – related issues.
- Creative, innovative, and energetic individual with strong analytical skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with management and be seen as a trusted colleague among the general staff.
- Ability to work with independently and self-sufficient.
- Strong organizational skills, including managing workload and projects, multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong business acumen and technologically savvy.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of multi-faceted human resources generalist experience in higher-education setting highly desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience utilizing an HRIS, Workday preferred.
- Experience in facilitating training and leading group discussions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.