P/T Clerk V (non-benefited)
Category:: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions
Department:: Medical Imaging Program
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Jul 11, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: PT No Benefits
Ref. No.:: CLA
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Five institutional goals guide BHCC and its work: Foster Student Success; Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness; Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; Build Partnerships and Pathways; and Develop the College's Infrastructure. BHCC is recognized nationally for its culturally inclusive learning environments that value the strengths of diverse students and local communities, and, as an Achieving the Dream Leader College, BHCC is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2018 was higher than the national average. Twenty-nine colleges and universities in Boston serve more than 150,000 college students each year. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
- Assisting with letters, meeting minutes, surveys, mailings and other related tasks as directed
- Assisting with accreditation documentation as directed by Dept. Chair or Program Directors
- Support Medical Imaging faulty as needed
- Respond to student inquiries, assist in student registration, orientation, and other related duties as requested.
- Attend division and/or department meetings
- General clerical duties
- Two years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in office administrative work required
- Experience with standard office practices; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Attention to detail; Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Proven ability to work in a diverse environment
Salary: 18/hrs week @ $23.00/hr
Closing Date: open until filled
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE