Special Programs Coordinator - Teaching and Learning initiatives
Category:: Professional Staff
Department:: Academic Innovation & Distance Education
Locations:: 250 New Rutherford Avenue, MA
Posted:: Jul 10, 2019
Closes:: Jul 26, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
Ref. No.:: MCCC
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Academic Innovation & Distance Education the Special Programs Coordinator - Teaching and Learning will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of teaching and learning initiatives at BHCC through integrated approaches that promote student success and equitable outcomes through innovative course design. This work will include initiating, maintaining and growing department initiatives such as: Department of Youth Services programming, testing solutions for Math courses, adaptive learning environments for Biology courses, discussion practices in ESL classrooms and active learning activities in writing courses. The Special Programs Coordinator - Teaching and Learning must be willing to work some evening and weekend hours as needed to facilitate the relationship between the Innovation Lab and academic departments.
- Support teaching excellence through integrated approaches that promote student success and equitable outcomes through innovative course design.
- Coordinate the implementation of training workshops and programming in support of teaching & learning initiatives;
- Design and maintain processes and reports related to teaching & learning initiatives;
- Create and/or curate teaching and learning support resources such as user guides and self-paced animated tutorials;
- Stay abreast of emerging pedagogical approaches and external training opportunities to facilitate faculty development in support of teaching and learning initiatives;
- Provide information and approaches to support AIDE staff who provide assistance to faculty, staff and students who participate in initiatives;
- Coordinate the communication with Academic Records and Admissions to implement the appropriate labelling and student information about teaching & learning initiatives;
- Participate in professional development to broaden skills for coordinating programs; and,
- Perform administrative tasks needed to manage documentation, assessment and coordination of programs along with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Business Administration, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- At least three (3) years of full-time experience and/or training, which may include training, curriculum development, audio/visual or graphic production, grant administration, budget development, program/project management, event planning, administrative work in an academic environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience working with and coordinating faculty and/or students in learner-centered approaches.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including a proven ability to communicate across academic disciplines.
- Ability to think creatively, work on multiple initiatives under deadlines, and achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of and interest in continuing knowledge of contemporary teaching and learning initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise patience and compassion while working with faculty and students of various skill levels.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Experience in a college environment and preferably in an academic, professional development or student services office.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, interpreting and enforcing policy and procedures.
- College teaching experience - community college teaching preferred
- Experience supporting long term projects
- Experience using Colleague student information systems
Salary Range: $49,711.00-55,000.00. Actual salary will be commensurate with education and experience in accordance with the MCCC/MTA collective bargaining agreement.
Grade: 4 Unit-Professional, state-funded position.
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By July 26, 2019.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE