Student Financial Services Representative, The American Women's College
Category:: Administrative / Staff
Department:: 07-52-5206-TAWC Admissions
Locations:: Longmeadow, MA
Posted:: Jul 11, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Hourly (Non-Exempt)
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: SFSRF
- Job Type: Full-time
- Hours: Tuesday - Saturday Schedule: Tuesday: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm; Wednesday & Thursday: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm; Friday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm; Saturday: 8:30 am - 3:00 pm.
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA Campus & Springfield, MA Office
The Student Financial Services Representative is a customer service oriented position which serves as a point of contact for prospective and current students enrolling in the accelerated undergraduate session based model offered through The American Women's College (TAWC) either fully online or in a hybrid format. This role serves as a liaison between Student Financial Services and TAWC Admissions and Advising to ensure the most effective, efficient, supportive, and seamless service is provided to the non-traditional adult women students relating to all areas affecting financial services. The Student Financial Services Representative provides high quality customer service, assists students in navigating the financial aid process including the completion of financial aid applications, resolving discrepancies, and apprises students of any changes to existing policies and resources. This position welcomes change, growth, and continuous improvement to better serve the accelerated degree programs for adult women at Bay Path University. The Representative must have a passion for helping others meet their goals and for the mission of The American Women's College and Bay Path University. The Representative is able to handle highly confidential material with integrity and discretion and is able to work effectively with a wide variety of personalities. The Representative is highly flexible and able to adapt to a fast changing, dynamic, and exciting environment in a calm and effective manner. Essential Duties:
- Works with Enrollment Coordinators and Educator Coaches at TAWC to proactively resolve discrepancies or concerns for prospective students applying for financial aid.
- Identify possible Pell Grant or Subsidized lifetime limit problems, unusual enrollment patterns and loan default issues to discuss possible resolutions with students.
- Provides counseling to students on applying for financial aid, financial aid programs, policies, and procedures.
- Respond and resolve financial aid questions and concerns from students and the University community.
- Communicates effectively with prospective and current students, staff, and advisors in personal meetings, emails, and social media.
- Develops strong working relationships within and among the Bay Path Community across all its campuses.
- Utilize database tools to track the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and procedures, identifies weaknesses and strengths, and recommend improvements throughout the year using a continuous improvement model that engages the entire community.
- Collaborates with other members of the student services leadership team to provide a supportive environment to students during their academic career.
- Ensures that quality services are provided in an accurate, timely, and professional manner while maintaining absolute ethical integrity and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manages a student caseload to determine the financial aid need and eligibility for federal, state and institutional funds for packaging of financial aid to new and current students.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of federal/state regulations governing financial aid, student accounts and loans.
- Exercise professional judgment for students/parents with unusual circumstances.
- Assists students in reconciling tuition accounts.
- Participates in new student orientations.
- Works with multiple departments and IT team members, analyzing report data to determine the effectiveness of enrollment management in an effort to help achieve enrollment goals.
- Assists the community and supports the leadership in effectively managing rapid growth, significant transitions, and change.
- Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of two (2) years' experience in the Higher Education industry.
- Experience in financial counseling, advising, need analysis, packaging financial aid and program development and implementation, preferably for an online non-traditional population.
- Ability to perform detailed work with minimal errors. In depth knowledge of federal and state programs and regulations.
- High level of initiative, attention to detail, organizational skills and analytical ability.
- Experience in developing collaborative learning communities and working with adult academic programs and adult students in higher education essential.
- Knowledge of PowerFAIDS, Salesforce and Jenzabar systems highly desirable.
- Knowledge of FERPA and HIPPA regulations and ability to work within the defined guidelines.
- Able to work with and maintain confidential material and convey a positive, professional image.
- Able to perform work with frequent deadlines and external pressure to complete assignments.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Excellent management, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Detail oriented with outstanding operational and planning skills.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including evenings or weekends when necessary.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite.
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.