Specialist, CE Admissions
Job descriptionJob Number 1907011
Specialist, CE Admissions
Closing Date: 07/25/2019
Take me to ACC's online application.
Position InformationLocationHighland Business CenterHours40 hours/week as assigned; May include some evenings and weekends.SalarySpecialist 5/116 ($31,200.00 - $40,097.00)FLSA StatusNon-ExemptReports ToDirector, CE Operations & ContractsCriminal Background CheckPre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.General Statement of Job
Serves students in Continuing Education (CE) Admissions and provides specialized reporting and coordinating services with agencies and outside contractors that teach Continuing Education (CE) courses.Description of Duties and TasksEssential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct student services to Continuing Education prospective, current, and former students including CE registration and advising.
- Responds to and/or directs inquiries in person, on the phone, or via email regarding admissions and records matters.
- Develops, generates and analyzes CE reports for the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
- Gathers, complies, and enters data, producing routine and specialized reports and documents.
- Trains staff at other campuses and locations in CE registration and advising.
- Assists in coordinating instructional services with agencies and outside contractors.
- Performs administrative duties for the department in support of faculty, staff, and/or student efforts.
- Works with Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIEA) for correction of CE data.
- May oversee, coordinate and review work of department personnel.
- May be assigned responsibility for special projects such as scheduling rooms, compiling information packets, creating spreadsheets, charts and graphs, and other projects.
- Two years related work experience.
- Associate degree
Four years of related work experience may substitute for this education requirement. Applicants who substitute work experience to meet the education requirement must use additional related work experience to meet the years of "Required Work Experience" for this position. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend these terms of substitution at any time
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
- Updated 3-8-2019
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.