Title:Lab Assistant Job Category:Hourly and Temporary Department:Computer Technologies - HCSI Position Status:Hourly/Temporary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Computer Laboratory Technician, under the supervision of the Network Administration Specialist supporting the School of Science & Technology, provides technical support to students, faculty, and staff in computer labs, classrooms, and offices.
This position responds to requests for assistance with computer hardware and software applications in person, by phone, and by e-mail. Typical requests for IT support require troubleshooting hardware such as PCs, Macs, printers, audio-visual equipment, laptops, and tablets. Requests often involve software usage questions for applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, VMware, Wireshark, Cisco Packet Tracer, web browsers, media players, and the Windows 10 operating system.
The Computer Laboratory Technician also assists with the purchasing, receiving, deployment, management, and retirement of IT hardware and software. This involves tasks such as obtaining quotes for technology purchases, transporting IT equipment, applying images to PCs, installing/uninstalling software, conducting inventory, and preparing retired HDDs and SSDs by permanently erasing data before recycling or redeployment.
Additionally, the individual in this position has the opportunity to learn and grow by performing other related duties as assigned.Required Qualifications:
• Some experience in computer troubleshooting and software application use.
• Basic knowledge of standard desktop software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Basic knowledge of computer hardware such as monitors, memory, motherboards, hard drives, power supplies, graphics cards, printers and audio-visual equipment.
• Familiarity with operating systems such as Windows 10 and Mac OS.
• Excellent customer services skills and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with colleagues.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to respect confidentiality and privacy in all aspects of the position.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodationPreferred Qualifications:
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Work Schedule:Monday-Thursday, 3:30-8:30 pm