Executive Director - Marketing - Graduate & Professional Studies
Executive Director - Marketing - Graduate & Professional StudiesJob no: 501517
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Jul 08 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Executive Director of Marketing is responsible for marketing strategy and campaign development at the brand and program level for the Division of Graduate and Professional Studies. This position will assist the Division in achieving aggressive enrollment and program growth goals in the online and on-campus graduate and undergraduate programs supported by the Division.
The Division seeks a seasoned, metrics-driven professional who is versed in marketing to adult and online students. This role requires strong project and stakeholder management skills, the ability to set and maintain priorities in a very busy department, and the ability to lead discussions about new offerings and new marketing that GPS should consider. This position is responsible for directing the marketing for Graduate & Professional Studies, which includes the University’s Graduate programs, Online and Continuing Education programs, and Corporate programs. Reporting to the Vice Provost for Innovation & Workforce Development, this leadership position is an integral part of the marketing team. This position oversees 4-6 direct reports and works closely with the Academic Leadership, Program Directors, Director of Marketing Services, and the Marketing Directors for the other schools/programs and several external partners.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline
- Ten years of management and marketing experience with supervisory responsibilities, at least 5 years in higher education
- Evidence of project management, budget management and stakeholder management experience
- Experience working with marketing data analytic tools to develop marketing strategy
- Advanced experience in metrics and marketing to adult and online students
- A strong background in market analysis, and the use of data-driven decision making is critical
- Must understand the complexity of higher education issues, the environment, and decision-making process
- A good listener with high energy, drive and both intellectual and emotional intelligence
- Strong character; integrity, bias to action, tolerance for process; sense of humor
- Must believe in the mission and academic philosophy of GPS
- Master's Degree preferred
- Experience developing strategy for digital and direct marketing, market research, SEO/SEM, social media, content marketing, web presence, mobile, channel selection and optimization, and PR are important
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.