THEATRE BUSINESS MANAGER
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the University Theatre box office including, conducting proper ticket inventory, group reservations and ticket sales for events, and establishing accounting and auditing controls for all upcoming events as required by internal and external auditors.Description of Duties
• Manages all facets of the day-to-day operations of the University Theatre while ensuring compliance with applicable university, state and federal policies and regulations.
• Assists in the development of policies and procedures to ensure efficient and safe operation of the University Theatre.
• Responsible for ordering scripts, subscription listings, and other related documents.
• Manages all University Theatre subscriptions and website materials.
• Supervises ticket control, group reservations and admissions.
• Collaborates with the office of University Marketing and Communications in coordinating PR and advertising campaigns via print, web, and other appropriate media.
• Provides detailed sales and financial reports; maintains all box office records.
• Establishes inventory control procedures to assure sufficient supply of tickets at all times.
• Administers and controls cash flow from ticket sales, theatre subscriptions, and scholarship donations.
• Reconciles ticket office statements, verifies cash funds and supervises gathering and evaluation of statistics related to ticket sales.
• Trains and supervises box office personnel in selling tickets, mail out operations, telephone procedures, cash controls and accounting procedures.
• Answers inquiries and communicates information regarding upcoming events or new developments; develops and maintains customer relations.
• Collaborates with faculty and staff in initiating group sales and advertisement campaigns.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Supervision Received
General direction from the assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.Required Education
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.Preferred Education
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from an accredited university.Licenses/Certifications
Three (3) years of related ticket/box office experience and one (1) year of supervisory experience.Preferred Experience
Accounting and/or bookkeeping experience.Equipment
Use of standard office equipment. Must be proficient in WINTEX (box office accounting software) and Movie Magic Screenwriter application.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Must have ability to work long hours under unusual and varying work schedule and under substantial time pressure.Other
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports. Ability to operate and manage a computerized event ticketing system.Physical Capabilities
N/AEmployment CategoryFull-TimeMinimum SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosted SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date07/12/2019Grant Funded PositionNoIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date Posting Detail Information EEO Statement
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/21960Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document