Director of Digital Communications and Strategy
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the association’s digital communications strategy, which includes oversight of the association’s website and social media accounts. In addition, the Director of Digital Communications and Strategy will lead and serve as project manager as new website and digital initiatives are developed and launched. This position plays a key role in outlining future web technology, driving development and implementation of new digital applications, and ensuring AAC&U’s online and social media presence is coherent and aligned with AAC&U’s mission and priorities.
The Director of Digital Communications and Strategy will liaise with the AAC&U program offices to identify digital communications opportunities as new initiatives are conceived, developed, and launched. The Director will report to the Vice President for Communications and Public Affairs. In addition, the Director will also play a collaborative role along with leadership to ensure that the full range of digital communications is leveraged in strategic ways that further the goals of projects and advance the broader strategic goals of the Association. In this way, the Director of Digital Communications and Strategy will ultimately participate in shaping core aspects of how AAC&U achieves its mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead AAC&U’s website redevelopment project; manage budget, timeline, and deliverables with vendor.
• Maintain the editorial integrity and technical content of the association's websites; ensure the information presented is up to date, accessible, and accurate.
• Develop and maintain the association’s websites and related services like Microsites, Online Communities, Directories etc., including designing, planning, and conceptualizing content and products.
• Ensure the strategic use of, and coordination among, the organization’s websites and its various digital channels and platforms; create engaging written and graphic content for the website and for distribution via email or social media.
• Continuously improve and further develop the Association’s digital communications strategy to enhance visibility, visual identity, and e-commerce capacities.
• Continually evaluate and refine search-based tactics (Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing) to grow site traffic; monitor Google Analytics website metrics to inform and establish website strategy; work with the Director of Database Services to track qualitative and quantitative analytics and to collect data on interactions and visits in order to make strategic decisions and to improve future marketing strategies and campaigns; develop key performance indicators related to digital offerings, track performance, and present findings to leadership.
• Lead production of videos and webinars, including planning shoots, overseeing editing, working with vendors on captioning etc.
• Grow and expand AAC&U’s social media presence into new social media platforms and increase presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Monitor the association’s social media accounts, offer constructive interaction with users, and promote website content on social media; develop and administer social media content and campaigns that engage a range of audiences, including AAC&U members, and create an interactive relationship with AAC&U.
• Ensure compliance with enterprise IS policy, process, procedures and controls by all staff.
• Master’s degree in appropriate field preferred; minimum of five to seven years of experience in content management.
• Knowledge of, and experience in, using and applying information and communication technology tools for web development, database/information management, and content management; experience with three or more of the following is ideal: Wordpress, Drupal, Episerver, Higher Logic, Informz, Critical Impact, Google Analytics, and mobile apps.
• Technical skills and experience with the latest software applications used for web and digital communications.
• Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
• Strong knowledge of analytics, how to relay that information to stakeholders, and use data to inform decision making; experience leveraging social media management and analytics tools with platforms such as HootSuite or Sprout Social.
• Outstanding communication skills, including editing and writing; experience with writing, editing, and crafting content for use in digital media, including websites and social media channels.
• Depth of knowledge regarding higher education and its contemporary issues.
Salary commensurate with experience; plus exceptional benefits. Please submit a résumé, a cover letter describing relevant and salary requirements to: AAC&U, Box SDSS, 1818 R Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009 or [email protected] Review of applications will begin Monday, August 12, 2019.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.
Apply for Director of Digital Communications and Strategy
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly