Adjunct - World Languages (AN)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct - World Languages (AN)DepartmentLASSPosting Number03318PLocationAnnandale, VA: 22003Full or Part TimePart-TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredSalary Range Position Summary Information Basic Function
The Annandale Department of Languages is inviting applicants for any potential openings in the upcoming academic year and beyond. Classes in the following languages area offered at Annandale are Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish. If you are interested in a position when one becomes available, please submit your application.Duties and Responsibilities
Teach Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Spanish courses face-to-face or online at the Annandale Campus of Northern Virginia Community College.
Adjunct faculty are employed to teach up to 12 credit hours in the fall and spring semester and/or up to 8 credit hours during summer session. Teaching load is based upon student enrollment and staffing needs. Instruction may be during the day, evening, or weekend.Minimum Qualifications
•A Master’s Degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the language of instruction
•Experience using current, student-centered teaching methods, and integrating technology appropriately into language learning
•Experience or interest in teaching traditional, hybrid and/or online classes
•Experience teaching in a diverse college setting
•Experience with Canvas, or another learning management system
•Adept knowledge of instructional technologies
•Excellent interpersonal and native or near-native oral and written English skills
•Excellent interpersonal and native or near-native oral and written skills in the language of instruction
•Ability to work with a diverse student population
•Successful passing of a criminal background check
•Adjunct faculty are required to meet assigned classes on meeting dates,
submit required grade records and reports, student learning outcomes.
An adjunct faculty appointment contains no guarantee of continued employment.Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the language of instruction?
- * Do you have experience with a diverse student population?
- * Do you have experience or interest in teaching traditional, hybrid and/or online classes?
- * Do you have experience using current, student-centered teaching methods, and integrating technology appropriately into language learning?
- * Do you have experience with Canvas, or another learning management system?
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered when determining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3