Adjunct Studio Arts - AN
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Studio Arts - ANDepartmentLiberal Arts-ArtPosting Number03317PLocationAnnandale, VA: 22003Full or Part TimePart-TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredNoSalary Rangecommensurate per rank per VCCS criteria Position Summary Information Basic Function
Teach Drawing 1 and/or Drawing 2 courses at the Annandale campus of Noorthern Virginia Community College (NOVA).Duties and Responsibilities
Adjunct faculty are employed to teach up to 12 credit hours in the fall and spring semester and/or up to 8 credit hours during summer session. Teaching load is based upon student enrollment and staffing needs.Minimum Qualifications
Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in Fine Arts or Studio Art, or closely relate teaching field.Preferred Qualifications
Teaching experience at a college or univiersityRequired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
•Adept knowledge of instructional technologies
•Excellent interpersonal and native or near-native oral and written English skills
•Ability to work with a diverse student population
•Successful passing of a criminal background check
•Adjunct faculty are required to meet assigned classes on meeting dates, submit required grade records and reports, student learning outcomes.
•Classes maybe held during the day, evening or combination of both.
The incumbent will have a Fall 2019 start date.
Successful completion and passing of a criminal background check is required.
Adjunct faculty are employed to teach up to 12 credit hours in the fall and spring semester and/or up to 8 credit hours during summer session. Teaching load is based upon student enrollment and staffing needs. Instruction may be during the day, evening, or weekend.
The adjunct faculty appointment contains no guarantee of continued employment.
Only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered. Responses to supplemental questions must be verifiable in your application and resume. Providing false or inaccurate answers to supplemental questions will result in the immediate disqualification of your application.Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree (or higher) in this teaching field OR a Master's degree (or higher) with at least 18 graduate semester hours in this teaching field?
- * Do you have experience with a diverse student population?
- * What is your teaching experience? List all that apply from the following examples: High School / TA / tutoring, Community College, Four-year college, Graduate school, No teaching experience
(Open Ended Question)
- * When would you be available to teach? (i.e. Days, Evenings, Weekends, all of the above)
(Open Ended Question)
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered whendetermining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3