Nationally Competitive Scholarships Student Worker - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Nationally Competitive Scholarships Student Worker - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:10/01/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Nationally Competitive Scholarships Student Worker. The Nationally Competitive Scholarships Office seeks a seeks a motivated and engaged team member to assist in promoting Nationally Competitive Scholarships and undergraduate research on the Dahlonega campus. The FWS student chosen will assist us in organizing workshops and information sessions for Nationally Competitive Scholarships (Fulbright, etc). He or she will also assist in developing a social media presence for the office. He or she will also provide supplemental support to the CURCA office and the organization of both the Georgia Undergraduate Research Conference and the Annual Research Conference. The student will also be tasked with clerical duties including double checking spreadsheets, developing flyers, taking notes, and data entry. Preference will be given to students with outstanding organizational skills and/or experience with website and social media.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student's duties will include:
- Student ambassador to other student meetings to talk about scholarships and CURCA
- Data Entry Assistant
- Construct flyers for publicity of events (noticeboard, master calendar, etc)
- Publicize events on campus (distribute flyers, talk with other groups)
- Note-taker for events
- Proofread documents for distribution
- Assist with information and logistics for events (including the Annual Research Conference, Student Awards Days, Faculty Awards Days, scholarship information sessions, etc.)
- Researcher: Locate information related to undergraduate research and scholarships to disseminate via web or email
- Construct digital archive of scholarship materials
- Reorder files and folders; maintain organizational system for the office
- Maintain list of scholarships/students interested in those scholarships
- Develop/maintain list of professors engaged in undergraduate research
- Office coverage when Dr. Lin is on another campus
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker and Federal Work Study eligible.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.