Biology Student Researcher - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Biology Student Researcher - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:10/31/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Biology Student Researcher on the Gainesville Campus. The student will find turtles in the field and gather data on the turtles and their habitat use. Field work will take place in all types of weather.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Include laboratory work with blood samples, fecal samples and/or DNA samples.
- Enter data into spreadsheets and data analysis.
- Successful candidates must be able to follow safety rules and protocols, work independently, be detail-oriented, and have availability during the day in at least two- hour blocks.
- Be able to work in a variety of outdoor weather conditions.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Powerpoint is helpful.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker and Federal Work Study eligible.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.