Biology Student Assistant / Laboratory Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Biology Student Assistant / Laboratory Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:10/31/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Biology Student Assistant / Laboratory Assistant on the Dahlonega Campus. The student will serve as a BIOL 1107K and/or BIOL 1108K teaching assistant and BIOL 1101L laboratory assistant.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Assist in the preparation, set up, take down, and clean up of BIOL 1101L laboratory material as needed.
- Provide teaching assistance in BIOL 1107K &/or BIOL 1108K laboratories, prepare instructional materials, and lead study sessions that focus on active learning for introductory Biology courses.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A grade of "B" or better in BIOL 1107K, BIOL 1107K professor recommendation, previous credit for BIOL 2800 preferred.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker and Federal Work Study eligible.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.