Postal Services Student Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Postal Services Student Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:10/31/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for Student Assistants in Postal Services. Postal Services sorts hundreds of pieces of mail each day, and we mail out thousands. The department helps many customers at the window and student workers help to get all of it done.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Assist customers at the front desk in a professional manner, and be able to look up mail prices and give accurate information.
- Sort and distribute student, staff and faculty mail.
- Utilize meter machine to process outgoing mail.
- Open and close student boxes, and help in the maintenance of records for mailboxes.
- Log in packages and place on organized shelves.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Self starter with good time utilization
- Work with little supervision
- Basic math and computer skills
- Must be able to get to work on-time
- Must be detail oriented
- Good inter-personal communication skills/customer service abilities
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker and Federal Work Study eligible.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.