CMJ Lab Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019)
Position Title:CMJ Lab Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:10/31/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Communications - Media Studies - Journalism Lab Assistant on the Gainesville Campus. A CMJ Lab Assistant works directly with the Media Production Technical Supervisor to ensure that student and faculty needs are fulfilled concerning departmental film equipment.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Take reservations for equipment and makes sure it is available at the time designated for pick up. Upon equipment return, the CMJ Lab Assistant checks the gear for defect or malfunction and reports any issues to the Media Production Technical Supervisor.
- Offer assistance to students who may have questions concerning their own class productions.
- Work closely with the Media Production Technical Supervisor on departmental tasks by capturing audio/video or creating departmental videos and materials.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge or skills in:
- Adobe Creative Suite.
- AVID Systems.
- Knowledge of film production equipment including DSLR & Cinema camera systems, lens kits, audio recording and various lighting systems.
- STRONG communication skills and the emphasis on reporting issues to the Media Production Technical Supervisor concerning equipment malfunction to ensure those problems can be solved in a timely manner as to not disrupt students ability to check out gear.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker and Federal Work Study eligible.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.