Teacher Education - Research Student Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Teacher Education - Research Student Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:10/31/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Research Student Assistant. This position requires a motivated student interested in supporting the work of the College of Education Coordinator for Diversity & Recruitment Initiatives. Related projects will support ongoing COE efforts to increase the number of underrepresented students. The student hired will gain and apply valuable skills in data collection, communication with internal and external partners, and developing web content, among others.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Help in the planning and implementation of recruitment activities in local high schools
- Create and update web content for COE Diversity & Recruitment Initiatives
- Assist in surveying students and faculty on issues of recruitment and retention
- Assist in planning and scheduling events for the RISE and ATP program partnerships
- Work with the COE Coordinator of Diversity & Recruitment Initiatives and the COE Diversity & Recruitment Committee to advertise programs and events
- Work in a collaborative environment with a diverse group of individuals
- Be attentive to detail
- Be precise in verbal and written communication
- Motivated, open to learning new skills, and punctual
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker and Federal Work Study eligible.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.