Language Lab Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Language Lab Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:10/31/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Language Lab Assistant. The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Language Lab Assistant. Language Lab Assistants, under the supervision of the FL Lab Coordinator, are tasked with facilitating workshops and completing assessments and feedback on student lab activities for 1001/1002 students in Spanish, French, German and Japanese. They assist students with the use of technology in the lab, with projects assigned by the professor and with tutoring and speaking practice as requested. Lab Assistants also complete administrative/clerical tasks to ensure the lab runs smoothly as directed by the FL Lab Coordinator.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Give assessment/feedback of lab activities submitted by students (Spanish, French, German)
- Facilitate workshops for students as directed by the professors (Japanese)
- Assist students with language questions, extra practice, general tutoring
- Answer technology questions regarding completion of lab activities
- Maintain lab as a tidy, comfortable, welcoming space
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in the language(s) they are applying for (native speaker and/or completion of 2001 level of the language)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to stay calm and work in a fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure environment
- Willingness and ability to learn SANAKO system and other new technology applications
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker and Federal Work Study eligible.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.