Library Student Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Library Student Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Cumming Job Close Date:10/31/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Library Student Assistant on the Cumming Campus. Library Student Assistants are responsible for providing customer service assistance to UNG Libraries patrons and provide clerical and project support to Libraries faculty and staff. This position may require evening hours.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Greet Library patrons.
- Answer basic informational, directional, and Library policy questions; help patrons locate materials in the stacks.
- Check out and check in books, reserves, and other Library materials.
- Provide basic copy machine, scanner, and fax assistance.
- Conduct hourly building walk-throughs to neaten Library facility and identify behavior issues, maintenance needs, or security problems and report to supervisor.
- Assist with opening and closing procedures.
- Gather, sort, shelve, and move Library materials.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Shelf-read the book stacks and other collections for proper call number order and to identify items needing repair; update aisle markers as needed and replace bookends.
- Search the stacks for books reported missing or billed for replacement.
- Assist with processing Interlibrary Loan and Call Slip requests.
- Other duties as assigned by Librarians and Library Staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills as well as effective listening skills.
- Must work well in a team environment, but also be a self-starter.
- Must possess excellent time-management skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Previous library experience a plus.
- Must currently be a student in good standing at UNG.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker and Federal Work Study eligible.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.