Language Lab Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Language Lab Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:10/31/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Language Lab Assistant. The Language Lab Assistant , under the supervision of the FL Lab Coordinator, is tasked with facilitating workshops and completing assessments and feedback on student lab activities for all 1001/1002 students in Spanish, French, German and Japanese. Language Lab Assistant s are also available for tutoring in Italian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese. They assist students with the use of technology in the lab, with projects assigned by the professor and with tutoring and speaking practice as requested. Language Lab Assistant s also complete administrative/clerical tasks to ensure the lab runs smoothly as directed by the FL Lab Coordinator.
The Language Lab does hire some non-language specific FWS to help with administrative tasks and to be available to help students with using the technology required in the lab assignments.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student's duties include:
- Assessments of student lab activity or workshop submissions
- Assisting students with language and technology questions relative to lab assignments
- Provide extra help and tutoring, maintain a clean and welcoming environment, special projects/tasks as requested by faculty or the FL Lab Coordinator.
- Must be able to stay calm and friendly in stressful, busy situations, deliver excellent customer service
- Willing to learn new software apps in order to help students complete assignments
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker and Federal Work Study eligible.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
- Students who wish to be tutoring assistants must have completed the 2002 level in the language they plan to work in or have at least that level of proficiency as determined in the in-person interview.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.