Special Programs Coordinator-Student Central
Category: Professional Staff
Department: Student Central
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Jul 12, 2019
Ref No.: UNP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Bunker Hill Community College is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Special Programs Coordinator. The Coordinator will assist with overall leadership, training, management and student communication and service within the Student Central. Student Central is a student success department integrating front line student service related to financial aid, student payment, registration and academic records. Student Central is both a centralized physical location and a virtual hub where students can access information, resources and services
- Act as direct supervisor to staff and to student workers in the Student Central
- Responsible for hiring and supporting staff
- Design integrated training materials and implement comprehensive and ongoing professional development
- Design and implement an integrated communication plan for the Student Central
- Coordinate efforts to ensure excellent customer service and efficient problem resolution
- Assess staffing needs to ensure proper staff coverage (phones, self-service kiosks, front desk) during peak periods and appropriately allocate and assign staff for special projects
- Support on-going and continuous business process improvement and initiatives to improve student success
- Communicate policies and procedures to students, faculty and staff on behalf of the Student Central
- Ensure excellence in student-service and learner-centered interactions at the Student Central
- Participate in testing software upgrades/implementations, generating reports and evaluating technical opportunities for improvements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and three years of full-time experience in higher education an academic or student services office or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing processes with deadline dependent tasks
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, interpreting and enforcing policy and procedures
- Demonstrated attention to detail and to multi-task in a busy environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience supervising staff
- Proven ability to work in a diverse faculty, staff and student environment
- Experience in Academic Records, Registrar, Financial Aid, Student Payment, or similar office
- Experience using Colleague student information systems
- Experience in community college
- Experience working in a union environment
Salary Range: $49,711.00-$54,000.00 Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By July 25, 2019.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE