Job Number: 83867
A cover letter and resume are required for full consideration.
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Program Manager position.
About Stanford University's Hoover Institution: The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace is a public policy research center devoted to the advanced study of economics, politics, history, and political economy—both domestic and foreign—as well as international affairs.
Founded in 1919 by Herbert Hoover before he became the thirty-first president of the United States, the Institution began as a repository of historical material gathered at the end of World War I. The library and archives have grown to be among the largest private repositories of documents on twentieth-century political and economic history. Over time the Institution expanded its mission from collecting archival material to conducting advanced research on contemporary history and economics and applying this scholarship to current public policy challenges.
With its eminent scholars and world-renowned library and archives, the Hoover Institution seeks to improve the human condition by advancing ideas that promote economic opportunity and prosperity while securing and safeguarding peace for America and all humanity.
This position ensures the successful delivery of programs and seminars, course development, related media products and engagement, and future book projects.
Work under the direction of faculty or other management to implement and administer the vision, strategy, and goals of the assigned academic entity/program(s) utilizing specialized/technical knowledge in political science, international relations, history, or other related field.
- Oversee and administer research activities by evaluating academic programs, making recommendations that impact policies and programs, and coordinating and implementing changes.
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends to determine program effectiveness; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve the goals of the program.
- Teach and/or assist in the teaching and administration of courses. Create and/or advise in the development of curriculum. Make recommendations for course improvements.
- Write and edit content for proposals, peer-reviewed publications, and other program activities under the general direction of PI. Assist with the development of research grants, (i.e., may suggest new funding opportunities, write portions of grants, and/or summarize data for grant support).
- Represent the program or function as the key contact and subject matter expert within the department, unit or school and develop communications for internal and external constituencies. Organize and/or participate in outreach activities such as events, partnerships, fundraising, training, and conferences. Lead workshops and facilitate meetings.
- Monitor expenses, budgets, and finances of the program. Make recommendations on funding based on program spend.
- May oversee and train student workers.
ADDITIONAL CORE DUTIES*:
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop and execute a marketing and digital media plan, assessing, and revising as necessary to meet goals.
- Coordinate with vendors and consultants on specific programs.
* Other duties also be assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience or combination of education, training, and relevant experience. Program administration and or research experience may be required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Desired/Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4111
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Department URL: http://www.hoover.org
- Requisition ID: 83867
Location: Hoover Institution, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency