Assistant Director, Compliance
Responsible for day-to-day compliance operations including but not limited to:
- Assisting with interpreting and monitoring National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and conference rules and regulations and investigating potential violations
- Certifying and monitoring student-athlete financial aid including processing all National Letters of Intent, grants-in-aid, outside aid, fifth year aid, summer aid and Student-Athlete Opportunity Fund and serving as a liaison between the Department of Athletics and Financial Aid Office
- Monitoring activities (recruiting, playing and practice seasons, camps and clinics, etc.) of coaches, staff and administration to ensure adherence to NCAA and conference rules and regulations and maintaining data/documentation related to all aspects of comprehensive rules compliance program
- Assisting in tracking admission and eligibility status of prospective students athletes
- Assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance and Student-Athlete Support Services
- Supervision of law school interns/work study students
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Athletics Code of Ethics and rules and regulations ongoing
- Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Division - ongoing
- Supervision of up to two work study positions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, business correspondence, meeting minutes, and memos. Ability to write professional correspondence and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to management, and other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard office situations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Great attention to detail and ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Office Suite and the internet.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with diverse populations.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 years of experience in an NCAA college athletics compliance department; Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
Education, Certifications, or Formal Training (Preferred)
- Post-graduate Degree
- 3-5 years of paid experience in an NCAA Division I college athletics compliance department; Experience with various computer programs including NCAA Compliance Assistant (CA), Legislative Services Database (LSDBi) and Banner.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with NCAA financial aid, recruiting, awards and benefits, playing and practice seasons and camps and clinics legislation.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on August 9, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for three references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.