Nurse Practitioner- Ten Months
Jul 3, 2019
Provide primary medical care and health education as part of the comprehensive medical and mental health services available for Pratt students. The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for assessment, treatment, and follow-up, as well as consultation with other Health and Counseling staff, in accordance with established standards and nursing ethics. A strong emphasis is placed on health education and preventive medicine, as well the delivery of medical care for acute and chronic issues. This is a ten month position, August 15-June 15.
- Provide primary and urgent medical care for Pratt students.
- Provide routine GYN care and family planning.
- Diagnose and treat episodic illnesses.
- Provide sexual health care.
- Chronic disease management.
- Provides health education.
- Collaborate with Pratt Counseling staff and outside providers about care of mutual patients/clients.
- Maintain appropriate medical record documentation.
- Provide referrals to counseling services, specialists and other community providers.
- Participate in departmental meetings and divisional activities.
- Participates in orientation and registration activities.
- Participates in office and division activities as directed.
- Adhere to infection control protocol.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Current RN and NP License in New York State, MSN in Nursing as Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner, and National Certification required.
Experience: Two years related work experience in an ambulatory or community setting required. Experience in college health of adolescent medicine preferred.
Skills: Must have strong advanced practice skills in primary care, including women's health.
Others: Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise sound judgment required. Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity addressing issues of concern facing students from diverse backgrounds in higher education, as well as demonstrated level of cultural competence.
Certification: BCLS Certification required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.