Educational Technologist for the Arts and Humanities
Educational Technologist for the Arts and Humanities
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 4928
Location: Technology Services
Appointment: Regular, full-time positionPosition Summary: The Educational Technologist provides hands-on services and resources to faculty, students and support staff in the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning, with a primary focus on faculty teaching in the Arts and Humanities and other departments as needed. The Technologist supports pedagogy by consulting with faculty (one-to-one and in classroom and lab settings), creating innovative curriculum, investigating and promoting new technologies, and providing training and documentation in a variety of ways (in person, print, multimedia & online). Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops and conducts workshops, individual trainings, and short guest teaching modules in ongoing courses that utilizes educational technology to meet learning outcomes.
- Develops educational resources to meet learning goals which incorporate graphics, audio and video, using a variety of emerging tools with an emphasis on best practices.
- Develops and maintains web based information resources and documentation to enable faculty and students to use educational technology resources more effectively.
- Provides administration and direct support and training to faculty and students in the campus LMS and other campus systems.
- Regularly reviews various information sources, as well as maintaining ties with peers at other schools to stay current on emerging and evolving trends and technology tools, as well as to foster collaborative efforts between schools. Professional development is also an important component of staying current and networking in the field.
- May also train and mentor student workers.
- Other duties as needed.
No supervision of regular staff. May supervise student workers. Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in an academic discipline related to education, technology, or other related fields. Proven experience in successfully integrating technology in teaching at the college level. Demonstrates the ability to independently and continuously learn new technologies, and to creatively approach problems and emerging needs. Demonstrated experience in supporting faculty and students with Canvas or related LMS. Proven ability to succeed in a collaborative and team-based environment, and to work as an enthusiastic and flexible team member. Excellent time management skills with the ability to appropriately prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills used to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of computer literacy. Knowledge of current and emerging educational technologies and implementation strategies. Demonstrated experience using visual presentation software and hardware, digital media creation, and video production, including multimedia software (Camtasia, etc.).
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
- Master's Degree in an academic discipline related to specialist areas, Educational Technology or related fields.
- Experience with publication production and or/graphic design, including contributing content directly to a website. Expertise in Canvas LMS administration and support for faculty use, including troubleshooting front-end technical issues; experience in successfully migrating faculty and students from Moodle to Canvas. Experience with both Windows and Macintosh hardware, OS, and software.
- Resume Letter of Interest
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives. We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community. We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency