Research Solutions Institute
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provides technical support to faculty seeking outside funding for research and other sponsored projects. Reviews, analyzes, and monitors budgets and spending activity on sponsored awards. Ensures compliance with federal, sponsor, and program regulations, as well as WPI policy and provide service to the faculty for all requests related to sponsored fund activity. Researches and interprets relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards, and oversees the processing of contracts and/or grants.
- Supports faculty in the planning, development and preparation of research proposals, contracts, sub-contracts, and agreements, to include budgets, documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements.
- Analyzes and evaluates contract and grant budgets for correct calculation of expenditure categories such as salaries, percent of effort, salary adjustment increases, fringe benefits, indirect costs, materials, and equipment.
- Assists faculty with the preparation and follow-up of IRB submissions.
- Reviews and monitors research funds against awarded budgets; reviews expenditure requests for available funding, allowability, and compliance with agency guidelines and OMB.
- Projects balances on sponsored awards including accounting for unencumbered expenses; ensures expenses are processed correctly against sponsored awards.
- Manages effort reporting and certification process to ensure compliance; advises and assists PIs in the effort certification process as needed.
- Serves as liaison between thefaculty, OSP, and SPA.
- Assists in the preparation of annual and other reports, and invoices; maintains electronic proposal and grant records.
- Assists in communications with current and potential sponsors as well as collaborators and consultants. Assists faculty to get Professional Services Agreements in place for consultants paid from sponsored funds.
- Provides assistance associated with sponsored research activities. Manages purchases and coordinates travel in accordance with all applicable regulations and policies. Reviews backup documents for P-card transactions on research awards.
- Communicate with stakeholders about ongoing or future studies.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must be highly organized, have effective time-management and organizational skills; ability to deal with multiple tasks, prioritize, and follow-through.
- Ability to think critically, flexibly and analytically. Ability to work independently and as member of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively using tact and discretion.
- Knowledge of Knowledge of Federal Regulations for Sponsored Programs preferred (Uniform Guidance, FAR)
- Experience with grant writing, compliance, grant accounting and/or reporting preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and computer skills required, as well as familiarity with data bases and/or accounting system(s).
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Grant-Specialist_R0000542
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency