Essential Functions & Qualifications
Salary: $72,216.00 - $79,620.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time - 12 Months/ 100% FTE
Job Number: FY1920-00028
Location: Cuesta College - San Luis Obispo Campus, CA
Department: Administrative Services
Closing: 8/4/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Job Description Summary
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Cuesta College is located in the heart of scenic San Luis Obispo County since 1963, offering many degree programs, certificates, and community programs. We are committed to being an inclusive institution that inspires a diverse student population to achieve their educational goals.
Additional information about the college can be found at:
The college planning documents can be found at:
We offer comprehensive benefit options. Information about benefits can be found at:
Under general supervision of the Executive Director Information Technology, analyze business process of the District's departments, perform systems design, implementation, development and maintenance of software applications including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and web-based systems.
The Programmer Analyst is distinguished by the requirement to have knowledge of, and experience in, business process analysis, implementation and support in systems design and implementation. The incumbent will have frequent contact with other college staff, and must be able to work independently or as a member of a team to best support the District.
Incumbents in this position support student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness by designing and maintaining computer software systems to ensure the systems meet District requirements
- Analyze business, curriculum, student services, and other needs of various divisions and translates into programmable form; conduct feasibility studies for service requests;
- Develop, test, integrate and debug applications for the District's software and web-based services;
- Responsible for support and integration of various applications with the District ERP system;
- Prepare reports and compile statistical data. Ensure accuracy and availability of data for and timelines of required reports such as the State Management Information System (MIS).
- Serve as resource person in the identification and discovery and correction of errors;
- Review, define, and resolve information systems problems with particular emphasis on the project assigned; identify programming problems; develop effective resolutions.
- Solve problems using a logical methodology;
- Research new technologies and make recommendations for implementation by the district;
- Assure compliance with regulations and policies;
- Work independently;
- Gather, analyze, and draw logical conclusions to data;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties;
- Analyze current system procedures and output levels, and integrate new programs with existing systems;
- Develop and update project schedules; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Associate's degree or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of business process design, systems integration, web development or programming experience in a multi-user environment.
- Two years of experience with tools used by the District.
- Software application design, coding and testing techniques;
- Integrated Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP), Ellucian Banner preferred;
- Programming languages, PL/SQL, Java, Groovy, Grails, C, HTML, XML preferred;
- Integrated development environments, Eclipse preferred;
- Version control software, Git preferred;
- Database and database tools, Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL preferred;
- Operating system tools, Linux / Unix preferred;
- Reporting tools, Evisions preferred;
- Current technologies, personal computer, and associated office software such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and/or database software;
- Correct usage of English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary; and
- District policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties; and
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and students and of staff and students with physical and learning disabilities.
- Read and comprehend printed matter and text and data on computer monitors;
- Communicate intelligibly and effectively via speech, telephone, written correspondence, and/or email;
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time;
- Lift and/or carry 25 pounds; and
- Exert manual dexterity sufficient for keyboard and other office equipment operation.
- Valid driver's license and eligible to obtain California driver's license upon hire
Required Documents: Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, resume, and reference list when applying for this position.
Reference List Instructions: Your reference list must include three professional references, their contact information, and their relationship to you.
If you are using education to qualify for minimum qualifications, you must upload a copy of your unofficial transcripts as "Other Document" category.
When uploading documents, PDF uploads are preferred.
Completed online applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by the closing date for this position. LATE, INCOMPLETE, FAXED, MAILED OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Cuesta College will not sponsor any visa applications.
San Luis Obispo County Community College District ("Cuesta College") is an equal opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), age, disability (physical and mental), genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and state law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. Cuesta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
In compliance with California law, all prospective staff and students are entitled to read the Annual Security Report, published each October by the Cuesta College Department of Public Safety. This report contains information about our emergency and crime reporting procedures, as well as crime statistics for the past 3 years. You may request a copy of this report at one of our two Public Safety Offices: on SLO campus at Building 6600A or on North County Campus at building N1021, during campus business hours. You may also access the complete text of this report at the following website address: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/publicsafety/clery_act
Interview Process Information
Selected applicants will be invited to attend an interview on Wednesday, August 14, 2019.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cuesta
The San Luis Obispo County Community College District promotes inclusiveness, prohibits discrimination, and encourages all qualified persons to apply. As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Cuesta College actively seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds to assist students, staff, and faculty. For ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) assistance with the application and/or interview process, please contact the Human Resources Office: (805) 546-3129.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency