Software Developer 1
Software Developer 1
Job Number: 83847
The Department of Biomedical Data Science (DBDS) is recruiting a Software Developer to support key production projects in the Department of Radiology and the Stanford Cancer Institute (SCI). DBDS was started in order to create an integrated field of biomedical data science as well as provide and cultivate an intellectual home for collaborative research. As a basic science department, DBDS is devoted to the development of novel computational and statistical methods for acquiring, representing, storing, and analyzing biological and clinical data at all scales. Our work has a real-world impact on patient care and scientific advancement through the expansion of cutting edge software technologies and we take pride in contributing to this work.
The Software Developer will design, build and implement robust and innovative web-based applications for Cancer informatics and Radiology research including a system to mine clinical and imaging data to personalize patient care. Experience with SQL, relational databases and web application frameworks is expected. If you would like to be part of a multidisciplinary team and contribute to work that will transform detection, diagnosis, treatment and prevention discoveries into the most advanced patient care available, then you should consider joining our team.
- Assess user needs and requirements.
- Design and develop applications that may involve sophisticated data manipulation.
- Maintain and update existing programs.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Create programs to meet reporting and analysis needs.
- Design and implement user and operations training programs.
- Document changes in software for end users.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Serve as technical resource with respect to applications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop web applications using open source tools, languages, libraries, and current standards-compliant code.
- Familiarity with AngularJS, JQuery and mechanisms of AJAX services
- Demonstrated ability in Java/J2EE programming techniques and be familiar with JDBC, JSP, Servlets, MVC Frameworks including Struts2, Spring, Hibernate ORM, REST, JSON, Database Design and SQL optimization techniques
- Solid understanding of web standards and usability methods.
- Demonstrated ability to test, debug, and deploy software on Linux platforms and web servers.
- Ability to use an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse to develop, debug, and re-factor existing applications and functional modules
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Current knowledge of latest software and design standards.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4821
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 83847
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency