Job Number: 83777
Financial Management Services Business Analyst
Job Family: Information Technology Services Job Series IT Business Analyst 2 Job Code: 4772 Grade: I Exemption: Exempt, Fixed-Term
Stanford's Financial Management Services:
Stanford University is one of Silicon Valley's largest employers - and also one of the most unique. Our mission is to educate future leaders and promote interdisciplinary, world-class research and teaching. This passion makes Stanford an intensely creative, rewarding, and challenging place to work. At the same time, our traditions of respect and collaboration sustain a humane, supportive environment in which to pursue your life and your career.
Financial Management Services (FMS) is a unit of the Business Affairs Office consisting of five primary organizations: Controller's Office, Treasurer's Office, Purchasing & Payment Services, Global Operations, and Financial Management Consulting and Support. FMS works with other Business Affairs units to provide integrated financial, technical, and business services for the benefit of the Stanford Community. The Financial Management Services (FMS) organization is led by the Sr. Associate Vice President for Finance and is charged with leading and managing the financial and management accounting activities for the University.
As a key member of the Strategic Initiatives and Program Management team under FMS, this position will be responsible for specifying requirements and/or design solutions for business information systems and incorporate new technical systems to improve work-flow, production, efficiency and effectiveness. The Business Analyst will support (or may lead at times) assigned projects to ensure that the University's procure-to-pay needs are addressed in an efficient and optimal manner. This position will work closely with the Financial Management Consulting and Support, Procurement and Administrative Systems teams, as well as other Central departments to identify areas where P2P processes can be improved.
Your responsibilities include:
- Translate business processes into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions.
- Analyze new business requirements, assist with feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionalities, current system use and user needs.
- Specify functional analysis and design and work with developers and analysts to recommend solutions and resolve system issues.
- Review, research and evaluate software to determine its usefulness and appropriateness as related to existing or proposed business systems; assist or develop preliminary and detailed system design documentation.
- Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of testing.
- Advise users requiring assistance in solving complex problems or issues regarding management and business systems.
- Analyze data and provide data sets to users for analysis. May include development of operational and analytical reports for end users.
- Liaise with external vendors or partners in support of business systems, which may include system development, implementation and/or operations.
- Coordinate the implementation of new or modified business systems.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and work flow.
- Good understanding and exposure to the procurement and/or financial management subject area
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies and in systems analysis.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to design and document complex business systems.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
- Ability to write test scripts, conduct user acceptance testing sessions and report issues and enhancement requests in issue tracking system.
- Ability to work independently and work on multiple assignments.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Exhibit resilience, problem-solving solutions and results-driven capabilities
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Knowledge and understanding of university operations, administration, community and mission
- Experience in the procure-to-pay process and functions including spend, contract and vendor management programs
- Experienced with Oracle Financial systems (release 12+), specifically with Procurement modules a plus
- Proficiency in SQL queries and working knowledge of query tools (Toad, SQL Plus, Golden6 etc)
- Experience in an academic setting
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4772
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 83777
Location: Business Affairs: Financial Management Services (FMS), Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency