Job Number: 83782
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Graduate School of Business is seeking an experienced Data Analyst who will be responsible for conducting extensive data and statistical analysis to support the overall strategies GSB External Relations team, including alumni engagement and giving analysis; population segmentation for specific campaigns; and the production of results reporting and data visualization. This position will report to the Senior Data Analyst for External Relations.
Your primary responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge and experience using and applying analytical software, database management system software, database reporting software, database user interface and query software, and data mining software.
- Expert ability to collect data using a variety of methods, such as data mining and hardcopy or electronic documentation study, to improve or expand databases.
- Basic statistical ability.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized, flexible and rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to use logic to calculate data; efficiently construct a database or scrutinize the form of a question.
- Ability to work with data of varying levels of quality and validity.
- Demonstrated ability to produce data in a clear and understandable manner meeting user requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external customers.
- Ability to take a leadership role on projects and with users/clients.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4745
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 83782
Location: Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency