Assistant Director of Special Events - Law School
Assistant Director of Special Events - Law School
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Assistant Director of Special Events
School of Law
The Assistant Directors of Special Events will serve as the primary points of contact and principal event planners for all Law School events. The role will have responsibility for liaising with alumni, centers and institutes, student organizations, and faculty to plan and implement all Law School events. They will liaise with the University events and facilities teams as well as the University catering provider. The Assistant Directors will also partner with administrative departments to execute annual anchor events including the Law School's admitted student days, orientation programming, Duberstein and Peter James Johnson Competitions, faculty workshops and retreats, and diversity related programming.
- Oversee all events at the Law School.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all faculty workshops, student organization events, administrative functions (including admitted student days and orientation), and University events held in the Law School.
- Maintain master calendar of all Law School events and use judgment to determine that no conflicts exist before scheduling new events.
- Oversee availability of law School event space.
- Oversee all aspects of events including room setups, audio visual needs, catering orders, transportation, and event materials.
- Partner with the Marketing and Communications team to market events.
- Prepare and distribute daily setup memos regarding all events held by the Law School or within the law School building.
- Manage signature events including the Public Interest Auction, Duberstein Competition, Peter James Johnson Competition, and diversity-related events throughout the academic year, independently as primary event manager.
- Maintain events portion of the Law School website.
- Implement online registration system for event registration, and monitor for each event.
- Staff all Law School events, including many events on the evenings and weekends.
- 3 - 5 years of event planning
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to excellent client service.
- Commitment to fostering a culture of inclusive excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and collaboratively, within a collegial environment.
- Adept in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and other standard business and academic applications.
- Experience managing student and event staff employees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing an event budget.
- Experience using Banner.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Queens, New York, United States
To apply, visit https://stjohnsedu.silkroad.com/epostings/?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=218545&versio&source=insidehighered
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency