Piano Professor/Performing Artist (F392)
Position Tracking Number: F392
School/College: School of Music, College of the Arts
Department: Music Performance
The Azusa Pacific University Department of Music Performance invites applications for the full-time faculty position of Piano Professor and Performing Artist, starting fall 2019. The department, which consists of twelve full-time faculty members, offers performance majors in Brass, Wind, or Percussion, Guitar, Harp, Organ, Piano, Violin, Viola, Cello, or Bass and vocal.
The Department of Music Performance is housed within the School of Music in the College of the Arts. The College of the Arts focuses on exceptional artistic development and the incorporation of authentic Christian faith. These dual aspirations extend and enrich our influence on culture.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate applied lessons and other related courses suited to the candidate’s area of expertise in the field, i.e. chamber music, accompanying, piano pedagogy, or piano literature.
The faculty member will be to be an active performer, attend faculty meetings, advise students, serve on a committee, and participate in activities that benefit the University. In addition, the faculty member will actively engage in the recruitment of students.
Level: Rank Open
Qualifications and Experience
- Doctorate in Music, preferably in piano performance
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and performance
- Demonstrated success in recruitment
- Ability to foster a positive learning environment for students
- Ability to work successfully with colleagues in a collaborative setting
Hire Date: Fall 2019
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.